Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bookworm Wednesday - Bleeding Skull! A 1980s Trash-Horror Odyssey

You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll scream!

Bleeding Skull! A 1980s Trash-Horror Odyssey is exactly what you're looking for in a book. No really, it is! If you like horror movies with fun flare, extra gore, copious amounts of sex and nudity, and you want to read about them, then YES this book is for YOU!


Upon receiving this at Xmas time, I read most of this book within a week. It's the Bleeding Skull website in book form, so how could I NOT enjoy this collection of 300 in-depth horror movie reviews immensely? It's all here, folks: low-budget, SOV movies written about in a way that will not only make you want to watch these films, but it will probably make you want to blaze a doobie while soaking in the trashy cinema which is the topic of this jam-packed book.  

The writers, Joseph A. Ziemba and Dan Budnik have the kind of writing style that I enjoy while reading reviews, especially for the kind of horror flicks covered in this book. I mean, I would not want to read a write-up on Winterbeast or Death Spa and have the reviewer tell me the acting was superb and the direction was a lavish work of art. I want to be told the truth and these guys put it all in the table...with seconds and dessert as well! Trust me, there are no reviews in this book where you feel that the writers are talking above you or over you; they are talking to you, and you will love every minute of it. Reviews of movies like Bodycount, Moon Stalker aka Camper Stamper, Oasis of the Zombies, the Silent Night, Deadly Night movies, Frozen Scream, Island of Blood aka Whodunit?, and many, MANY more will have you wheezing with laughter and rolling in delight. Like I said before, honest reviews from honest to god horror fiends, these guys are aces at composing perfect in-depth movie reviews that will make your skull bleed, indeed! But this book doesn't have just reviews; there are also rare pics, movie ads, and VHS sleeves for you to feast your eyes upon. So if you haven't grabbed this 256 page gem of a paperback then what the HELL are you waiting for?! BUY THE DAMN THING!  I did...




1 comment:

  1. I have never heard of Bleeding Skull until now... ill have to check the site out and the book if I can find it

    ReplyDelete