Wednesday, March 26, 2014

A Morbid Collection of Canvases...

Anytime I am looking for inspiration whether it's for song lyrics or story ideas, or when I'm just in the mood to reminisce, "Night Gallery" is one of those shows that I love to put on. The thing is, once I watch one episode, I want to curl up and watch them all! Obviously, I am a proud owner of the DVD sets and not only can I enjoy any episode at any given time, there are some great special features on them as well; especially season two which features a documentary, a tour of the paintings, and audio commentaries. I believe when the first season was released on DVD, it was unsure at the time if they would continue on with the other seasons, so with it came selected episodes from season two as a bonus treat.

Sometime in the late '90s/early 2000s, the Encore Mystery channel brought the episodes back and aired them on weeknights. This was opportunity for me to see all of the episodes that I had never seen before and revisit the first episode which was the pilot movie that I grew up watching as a kid. Needless to say, thanks to this channel, my father and I would enjoy some late night nosh and a board game while enjoying these classic episodes with the wonderful early '70s wardrobe and atmosphere that I so love! Not to mention the Moog synth music which helped give this show its identity with two different unforgettable themes.

Expect to see me post more about this show as it is definitely one of my favorites of all time!

Here is a really cool TV promo the Encore Mystery channel aired when they began airing the show. This ad spot showcases many reasons why this show should be loved and remembered.

1 comment:

  1. That spider in the sink episode was such a genius idea.

    ReplyDelete